Notes for readers
Frequently asked questions and answers about socialnet reviews
- How can I suggest a title for review?
- May I link to the socialnet reviews or individual reviews?
- Reviews on individual keywords would fit well on our intranet. Do you have a proposal for this?
- Can I also take over individual reviews completely or in large parts?
- How can I get in touch with reviewers or authors?
- Can I also write reviews?
- I like your review service very much. How can I support you?
The editorial team of the socialnet reviews systematically checks all thematically relevant new publications for their suitability for a review. The German National Library, which offers a systematically indexed overview of all new German-language publications, is used as a basis. Therefore, there is usually no need to suggest a title for review.
Exceptionally, a suggestion to the editorial office may be useful in the case of gray literature of which no deposit copy is supplied to the German National Library and which is nevertheless of particular interest to the social economy. Also in the case of English-language titles of outstanding professional importance, a note to the editorial office can be helpful, since up to now only the German-language new publications have been systematically observed, but interesting English-language titles have already been taken into account from time to time. In this case, please use the contact form and provide full bibliographic details including the 13-digit ISBN or, in the case of grey literature, including the source of supply.
You are welcome to link to the socialnet reviews as a whole or to individual reviews, e.g. on your homepage, in social communities, blogs, forums or from your employer's website. Please observe the regulations of the respective operators of the website on which you set the link.
We run the review service to promote the transfer of knowledge into practice. As an Internet agency, we also have in-depth knowledge of setting up intranets. We have already successfully realized the integration into an intranet. We would be happy to find a solution for your requirements as well. Please contact us for this purpose.
The reviews are subject to copyright. We can allow you a static or dynamic, i.e. continuously updated, transfer of reviews on social topics to other websites or permit a reprint. Please make a written agreement with us before transferring texts. You can use the contact form to let us know which reviews you are interested in and for what purpose. We will then be happy to make you an offer.
If a reviewer agrees, we offer a link to a contact form and to a personal homepage below the review. Please contact us in this way. We do not pass on any other data of our reviewers to third parties. If you would like to contact the author or editor of the reviewed publication, please contact the publisher. As a rule, the publisher's name is linked to the publisher's homepage in the bibliographic information, so you should have found a contact person with just a few mouse clicks.
If you have in-depth expertise or practical experience in a thematically appropriate area, you are welcome to contact us. Please read the instructions for reviewers.
Of course, we are particularly pleased with this question. You have a variety of ways to do this:
- Point out the offer to colleagues so that even more professionals can benefit from it.
- If you have a homepage, link to the socialnet reviews or to the socialnet homepage.
- Reference the review service or individual reviews elsewhere on the Internet, in essays and other publications. At the end of each review you will find a citation suggestion.
- If you have relevant expertise or practical experience, you can also actively participate as a reviewer. If interested, read the instructions for reviewers.
- If you are interested, you can buy the reviewed books through our socialnet bookshop. There you can also get all other available books, including English-language titles, free of shipping costs in Germany. The transaction is handled by Lehmanns, an experienced bookseller. With every order you support the review service. Perhaps you can also encourage your employer to order from socialnet Buchversand in the future.
- You can act as a sponsor of the review service as an individual or through your company. If you are interested, please contact the editorial office.
- Stay in touch with us and order the free monthly socialnet newsletter.